Monday, April 25, 2011

Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals!

Let me start this post off by saying this.....Alex Ovechkin is the best hockey player in the NHL.  Yes you could say I have a slight man crush on the Russian Machine, but it's for good reason....trust me!  With most of my posts I will try to remain unbiased, talk about current events, etc....but seeing as I am just starting out, and to help you get to know me a little better I figured there is nothing wrong with being a little biased.  For anyone reading this....if anyone will ever read this I understand that you disagree with my view on Alex Ovechkin...I am totally fine with that.  With that being said, I would like to know why?  Who do you think is better then Ovechkin playing today?  I would love to hear your response, maybe even start a little debate. :)

Anyway, on to the unbiased part of the blog.  The Washington Capitals over the weekend closed out their series agains the New York Rangers in 5 games.  I give credit to the Rangers, they played the Caps tough.  The games werent blow outs by any means, but the Caps won because of their defense.  The Capitals are more confident this year then in previous years during 1 or 2 goal games.  They know they dont have to score 4+ goals a game to win anymore.  It also helps when Mike Green on defense has a point in every game during your first series.  Obviously, the Capitals would like to improve as they move into the next round of the playoffs.  They will either be up agains the #4 Pittsburgh Penguins or the #5 Tampa Bay Lightning.  The big question for the Penguins is when/if this year will Sidney Crosby come back from his concussion?  I am unable to answer that question for you, but I can tell you this...If he doesn't pass his medical tests by 110% you won't see Crosby lace up the skates anymore this year.  Personally, I think Washington would like to play the Tampa Bay.  They are just a better matchup and Pittsburgh has proved that they can still play even without Sid the Kid.  BTW- Tampa Bay is leading 2 to 1 right now halfway through the 2nd period over the Penguins.  Anyways, this will wrap up my 1st official post!  SO PLEASE....let me know what you want to read about.  Do you want more stats...more of my opinion...facts...etc.  Ultimately this blog is nothing without you guys, so I would be forever grateful if I could get a little feedback :)

Until Next Time.....Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment