Saturday, April 30, 2011

Christian Ponder to the Vikings

Who else was surprised that Christian Ponder was drafted in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft?

I hope everyone was!

Leave it to the Minnesota Vikings to show that they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to QBs.  If  you are a viking fan...sadly I am...but you can't be feeling too confident right now.  I mean our starting quarterback is either going to be Tavaris Jackson, Joe Webb, or Christian Ponder. 

Hmmm.....

T-Jack can't complete a pass outside of 10 yards if his life depended on it. (To the Vikes WR that is)
Joe Webb....uhhhhh he might complete a pass or two.
Christian Ponder....we have yet to see.

The upside to Ponder is that he is very "football smart."  He completes just under 70% of his passes, and only threw for 1 interception in the redzone as a Senior at Florida State.

His arm isn't very strong though, and has a hard time fitting the ball into tight passing lanes.  This is all magnified at the NFL level.  An NFL QB needs to be able to throw harder and more accurate.  With Ponder lacking in the arm department already at the college level, I'm concerned that he will be well below average at the NFL level.  I hope though, that once football resumes that Christian will be able to work hard, and get his arm and game where it needs to be.  He has his positives thats for sure, so all I'm hoping for right now is a solid starting QB to start the season; I don't care who it is.


Thanks for reading my short post on what I think about the Vikes and their quarterback sitiuation!

Please check out my previous post on helping me get to Africa!  It is something I am really hoping to be able to do, and I need all of the support I can get!!

Please Subscribe!! You wont be disappointed! :)

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment