Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Latest on the NFL Lockout

Hey guys! So some exciting news (kinda) to start off with...I surpassed 25 views! haha I don't know how many views is good in the first 12 hours...but I am happy with my 26 views. So if you like what you are reading so far, please come back...and tell your friends. :) So thank you to all of you who have at least dedicated 5 seconds of your day to my blog :)

Anyways....

Probably more exciting news...The NFL lockout has been lifted....for the time being at least. The NFL owners are getting ready for the appeal process. To catch you up in case you missed anything...a federal judge in Minneapolis, MN lifted the NFL lockout. Now this sounded a lot better then what it actually means. Seeing as the NFL owners are appealing, the players are pretty much allowed into the building and thats it. They aren't allowed to use any of the facilities, which is a joke in my opinion.

Today a few players from each team showed up to their respective facility, but they all got the same answer. They were told you are welcome to be in the building but you are unable to use the weightroom, and any other training facility on site. What is really sad is this all comes down to money. Sure it's a lot of money, 9 billion to be exact, but come on...we all know the players and the owners don't need any extra money. Split the 9 billion down the middle and call it even. If neither side gives in, the possibility of no NFL season is huge. The NHL went through this same process a few years ago. It's not pretty.

I want football this season. I hope the majority of America agrees with this statement. If neither side agrees, they are only hurting themselves in the long run. I mean not all professional athletes make 7 figures. Look at Mike Leake of the Cincinatti Reds. He was arrested for stealing $59 worth of T-shirts...now I'm no professional athlete, but I'm pretty sure you make more then $59...just a guess though.

This post was just a quick generalization of what the players are facing now that the lockout has been lifted. Will there be football this year? I don't know but let me know what you think! For a great article, as well as a great quote by an NFL player check out http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6429889

AND...if you want to laugh a little more at Mike Leake you can check out his story here: http://bossip.com/371057/you-cant-be-fcking-serious-guess-which-millionaire-baseball-player-was-arrested-for-stealing-shirts-43081/

Until next time guys...which will probably be soon haha

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment