Friday, April 29, 2011

Get Me to Africa (Lesotho)

Hey Everyone!

PLEASE HELP ME GET TO AFRICA!!!

So this is going to be a rather serious post. I have tried this once before, and although it didn't work, it did have an impact. I'm a supporter of various charities around the world, and take a direct interest in making a difference. During my summers I spend my time at camps, trying to make an impact on the lives of others, but now I want to take my biggest step yet, and help those in Africa.

I'm 21 years old, and to be quite honest I'm not 100% sure of what I want to do with my life. I think they call that being lost haha...so why not help those in need.

There are way too many people in the world who are in need. HIV is so prevalent in Africa, and frankly people in America don't really care. Millions of people are starving, facing life threatening illnesses; don't even have a bed to sleep on. It is really really sad.

So let’s get me to Lesotho! Lesotho is one of the 49 least developed countries in the world, as well as having one of the highest HIV ratios in the world! This is why I want to go there. If I’m going to make a difference...let’s make it count!

The reason I need to get the word out, is because there are very few volunteering programs in Lesotho. I can't just go and sign up with a world volunteering program.

SO Let’s get the word out! Please pass this along, and help me get the word out. If the only way I can embark on this journey is for CNN to find out about it, well then let’s let CNN know about it! :)

All I am asking is that we let as many people know about the journey as possible. I need your help!

http://www.sentebale.org/home/index.html If you are interested in donating, even $1...you can visit that link!

Thanks for your help!!

Tim Leslie



No comments:

Post a Comment