Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When is the Tiger going to come out of his den?

Alright guys, I am posting this as an upset blogger. It was just confirmed that Tiger Woods will be out for "a few weeks" due to a left knee injury. His agent Mark Steinberg says that this is just a precautionary measure and his injury isnt severe. According to Woods, the "injury" is soreness in his left knee and achilles tendon. Apparently the injury occured sometime during the 3rd round of the Masters.

Tiger has had multiple surgeries on his left knee. The most famous one was back at the 2008 US Open. Here was when us viewers had to determine whether Tiger Woods was a man, or a God? He hopped around Torrey Pines on his right leg and beat up Rocco Mediate. It was one of the greatest performances I have ever witnessed.

To this day, Tiger is still 4 majors behind Jack Nicklaus and his 18 major victories. Will Tiger's health be the main factor determining whether or not he reaches that mark? I don't know, personally I believe he will surpass the 18 major mark. Tiger Woods is still the best golfer in the world, regardless of what has transpired over the past 18 months. You can love or hate Tiger, but you can't deny that fact. I have gotten to the point though, where these injuries are getting annoying. I personally want to see him play. Without taking time off for his knee, he barely plays anymore. Between the 4 majors, the WGC events, he plays maybe 10 other times around the world....A YEAR.

He has his reasons not to play, I can't argue with that, I just want to see him play, and return to his previous greatness. Who knows, we may never see the "Old" Tiger again, but today we don't even see Tiger at all.

It's time to come out of your den Tiger, I am calling you out....Come out and play, otherwise (I'm afraid to say it) you might just be the next John Daly :P

No comments:

Post a Comment